Friday, November 2, 2012

Wreck It Ralph Review

Amazing. Simply amazing. I don't even know where to start. I, like many, was pretty skeptical when I heard some of my favorite videogame character was gonna appear in a Disney movie. I haven't seen too many of their stuff recently, but rarely do I hear too much good coming out of Disney. I dare anyone to say something negative about this one though. There's just so much win!

Okay, so of course we all know the basic story. Ralph's a "bad guy", but would really like some more appreciation. He goes out of his way to get it, but things go wrong, and he's gotta go on some adventure to earn his respect, making some friends along the way. Yeah, the story's really nothing original, but what is these days? When is a movie ever gonna pull off a big M Night twist these days? Just put that aside, and lets enjoy  everything else that's going on.

It's REALLY clear that Disney was target the gamer crowd. Old and young. There was literally something there for gamers of all ages.  From the old days of Kubert, to today's Call of Duty crowd. Speaking of COD, there's another original game in there, which basically combines it with Halo and Gears of War. Seriously, the gaming references were just over the top. They even had the Konami code. The cameos were really fun. Sonic, Chun-Li, Ryu, Kano. There was even a nice indirect one from Metal Gear Solid. The only thing I'm dissappointed in was that there was no Megaman.... Come on Capcom! There nothing but a mere sound bite of MMX's buster charging up, but that's it. Do you really hate the guy that bad guys?

Agh. Anyways. So the comedy was really good. Great really. All the ones with, and without the gaming references. Just perfect. Something that just makes me so mad though, is there was a scene that made me nearly cry. How dare they!? There is a scene in there that I actually found sadder than when Ash got turned to stone in the first Pokemon movie. I was overly hyped throughout the entire thing, until that came on. Just why!? I'm sure anyone who finally sees it will know exactly what I'm talking about. Just make sure to bring tissue.

So yeah, that's about it. This is literally the best movie I've seen in a long time. Possibly the best, ever. I joked with my friend, saying I wasn't gonna care at all for it, other than the Sonic The Hedgehog cameos, but  turns out, I was in for a surprise. Kudos to to whoever came up with this crazy idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment