Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Artist Spotlight: Hylajaponica

So I happened to stumble upon this artist yesterday, while browsing Da. Looked at just one of his pics, and it was an instant follow. He specializes in vehicle art, mainly aircrafts, and they are all just stunning. So naturally when I saw his underwhelming view-counts, I was disappointed. Then I got pretty upset as I went on, and checked out the rest of his amazing work.

He's been on DA, for about 4 years now, and the first piece in his gallery, has only 761 views. Excuse me. What!? Why are people paying this guy no mind? I understand he doesn't take advantage of the groups feature, which is to help show your work to a specific audience, but still. Why in the world does this: Link, a simple screenshot, get more veiws than this: Link!? I just don't understand.

I've had my rants with the DA community in the past, with some friends, but looking at this situation, makes realize it's even more out of hand. Apparently, unless you're doing some pop culture fan-art, or taking pics of tits and vagina's, you're not getting anywhere on the site. It's been the case with me, but I always figure that I'm not that good, though some would argue otherwise.  This really should not be.

Anyways, back to the artist. Well, what more can I say about him? The work's amazing, and really needs more recognition. Check out the rest of his gallery.




No comments:

Post a Comment